- All Ages
Hike-or-Bike-to Outdoor Concert: Alex Komodore and Friends
Alex Komodore, classical guitar
Emily Ondracek-Peterson, violin
Members of the CBMF Symphony Orchestra
Feeling a bit adventurous? Join the Crested Butte Music Festival family for a hike to a performance unlike any you’ve seen before. Experience incredible chamber music in a magnificent setting — don’t forget your picnic basket! Acclaimed classical guitarist Alex Komodore will be performing along with members of the CBMF Symphony Orchestra and Co-Artistic Director Emily Ondracek-Peterson.
Drive West on Elk Avenue from the 4 Way Stop in Crested Butte.
Turn right on 1st Street.
Turn left on Butte Avenue and continue onto the dirt road (this is Peanut Lake Road).
Continue on this road until you come to the Peanut Lake parking lot and park here (2 miles from the 4-Way Stop).
From the trailhead sign at this lot (where the video ends), walk up the Budd Trail. The trail forks in an aspen grove, take the RIGHT fork and follow this trail a short distance out into a meadow. A CBMF staff member in a blue shirt will be here in the meadow to direct you to the event site. The Budd Trail is approximately 1.6 miles from the Peanut Lake parking lot and takes approximately 1 hour to walk to the event site.
Starting at 10am a CBMF staff member will be located at the Peanut Lake parking lot to direct ticket holders to the trailhead and event site.
Things to consider:
1. Come ready to enjoy an outdoor experience with Alex Komodore and friends in the Slate River Valley under the glorious Colorado sky. Seating will be alpenglow style - ie on the ground.
2. Event is rain or shine. Bring rain coats, hats etc to be prepared for the Colorado weather.
3. Please pack water, blanket and snacks for relaxing and anything else that you may need for your hike and the 1 hour concert.
4. Access to concert site is hike or bike. Parking at the event site is not allowed. For information on handi-cap access please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
5. The concert is 1 hour. It begins at 11 am. Please plan your hike or bike access with enough time to access the site at the start of the concert.
6. Due to uneven surfaces at the site, CBMF will supply a small number of chairs. Seating will be on the ground.
Please contact us at 970.300.3409 ext. 700 if you have any questions.